Thursday, August 20, 2009

Barbeque Meat Loaf


Meatloaf is a favorite of my husband. I have never been a big fan, until I found this recipe. My step-son Andrew says this may be the best thing he ever put in his mouth. I have to agree. If you have never found a meatloaf recipe you liked; try this one. This recipe is very easy and delicious. You need a little time to prepare and cook. But it is so worth it.

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 c fresh bread crumbs
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
2-8 oz cans tomato sauce
3 T vinegar
3 T brown sugar
2 T Dijon mustard
2 T Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix together the beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, pepper, and 1/2 c of tomato sauce. Form this mixture into a loaf pan and place on a shallow pan. Stir together the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire. Pour this sauce over the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices.





No comments:

Post a Comment